Oct 07 , 2020
It’s pumpkin season, so transform everyone’s favorite appetizer simply by simply adding a Jack-O’-Lantern face! Whip up this savory mexican dip loaded with flavor and topped with melted mexican cheese using $1 ingredients from Dollar Tree. Use purple tortilla chips and sliced olives to make a spooky smile on top in order to make the dip appear as though it is a Jack-O’-Lantern! Serve warm with additional chips for dipping, this is the perfect appetizer to bring along to your costume party before trick-or-treating or to make for you and your family if celebrating at home!
Shop at Dollar Tree — Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 16-oz. Can of Refried Beans
- 4-oz. Can of Green Chilis
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- ½ Cup of Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup of Salsa
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Sliced Olives
- Purple Tortilla Chips
- 9x9" Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Prepare a 9x9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the beans, chilis, sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa, and ½ cup of the cheese in a mixing bowl, stirring until smooth and fully combined.
- Use a spatula to scoop and smooth a layer of the dip into the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until melted and warm throughout.
- While warm, top with 3 chips as the eyes and nose of your jack-o-lantern, and add sliced olives as the mouth.
- Serve while warm with additional chips for dipping!
Looking for additional spooky and festive dishes to celebrate Halloween? Try making these sweet and spooky candy pretzel sticks!